When it comes to selecting a Travel Club Membership there are many different options available. Today I would like to spend some time helping you determine which one is best for the long term travel needs for you and your family.
1. The first thing to look for is how long has the provider of the Travel Club Membership been in business? Generally it is best to be at least a little skeptical if they have only been in business for only a few years or less. If they have been around for a decade or more it generally means they have many satisfied clients. In either case you can check out their reputation by going to rip-offreport.com and put their name in the search box. Also their local BBB should be able to help you out.
2. What is the initial investment and what are the fees you will pay in the future? It doesn’t make sense to select a discount travel club membership that you won’t be able to afford in the future. Some will have hidden fees you must pay even if you don’t use your travel club. It is best to select a plan that only require you to pay when you travel.
3. What types of trade associations does the re-seller belong to? I.E. Do they belong to reputable associations like CARE (Cooperative Association of Resort Exchangers) and ARDA (American Resort Development Association)?
4. How many locations will be available to you when you use your discount travel club membership? Some only offer a dozen or so while others offer thousands of world-wide destinations. If you enjoy variety you will want to select a travel club that has a large inventory.
5. Check out their customer service record. Are you doing all the planning yourself or do they offer 24/7/365 concierge customer service? Now I don’t know about you, but I enjoy being pampered like a big old baby when I go on vacation!
6. Will you receive large discounts not only at the resort but also on airfare, motel stays and discount cruises? When we have a recession in the future I’m sure you’ll still want to go on a nice vacation, right?
This essentially puts a wrap on the decision making process you will need when you purchase a travel club membership. Who knows, we just may meet some day on the best beaches, cruise ships or resorts the world has to offer!